Friday, September 19, 2014

Moments.:) By Alice Lynn Michael


Discovering Java Island is the first experience that I’ve had when travelling outside the country as what the quotes says “experience expands the mind rarely”.  Indonesia becomes the opener of my dream to fly away and enjoy the beauty of all places in the world. Though we’ve gone through as much as a first time traveler, it won’t stop me to travel and yet the experience teaches me a lot.


Indonesia has variety of cuisine which some is similar and some is different from our style. One of the foods that attract me during the trip is Chemol.



Chemol is made up from tapioca; just like sago but this one is crispy.  It was my first time seeing this kind of snack where you can buy it at Tangkuban Parahu. It’s crunchy and spicy because they put a bit of powder (the red color) into the tapioca and it taste delicious! Yummy…





Othefood that I interested in is the fried fish.
 I like the way how they cook the fish and the way they presenting it. The taste is good and it is delicious especially when you mix it with the chili and sambal. For food lover like me, especially spicy food, it does totally attract me. However, the chili is not like what I’m expecting but I enjoy eating it.

Throughout the trip, what attraction that makes me feel excite and amazed is the Borobudur Temple, Jogjakarta and the Cathedral Church, Jakarta.








I enjoy coming to this place because it just so beautiful to be seen and kept lots of history of the Temple. The archeological itself also amazed me. The figurative at the Temple walls, has its own meaning and by right one day would not be enough to discover the whole temple in details.


I enjoy coming to this place because it just so beautiful to be seen and kept lots of history of the Temple. The archeological itself also amazed me. The figurative at the Temple walls, has its own meaning and by right one day would not be enough to discover the whole temple in details.

Culture in Indonesia that I observe is people in Indonesia especially Bandung is very polite and always put their manners first. I saw this kind of culture when we visiting the Sekolah Tinggi Pariwisata where the student is very polite and will try to serve you with best service they can give. 

Another culture that I observe is they really open. I feel it during our trip to Tangkuban Parahu at the terminal where lots of people assemble there for an event and having fun. Even the senior citizens is very open minded and support the event that held during that time. It is truly exciting during that time and very happening.

Based on my own experience throughout the trip, what I learn is their style of living where they will do anything to find sources to support their life. Because of the huge population in Indonesia cause lots of them are unemployed, they need to do that such singing in the bus, road or street where you can find them everywhere especially in Bandung. Besides, they will sales souvenir or fruit anything that is able to be sales. 

I also learn that think before you want to quote the price with the sale person. Once you try to ask for the price and try to make a discount and you did not buy it, they will follow you until you buy it or mad because of the attitude. We might still be able to do it here in our place but never try to do that in other country that concern on the matters.
Overall, travelling is not bad at all. It’s interesting, enthusiastic, adventure and knowledgeable. It teaches you to be a better person through all the things that you have experienced. There is no saying that travel to another place is a waste. It can only become a waste if you did not have enthusiasm to explore the world. I’ve learn a lot from this trip and I’m very thankful for that experience. Well guys, that’s all from me.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscape but in having new eyes ~Marcel Proust













No comments:

Post a Comment